Sunday is for Sharing is a weekly roundup of my favorite articles, videos, and podcasts I read, viewed, and listened to over the past week.
This week features one man’s financial advice for his son, an article on how stoic philosophy can help you overcome anxiety, and much more. Enjoy!
My Favorite Video
Red Bull gives you wings.
My Favorite Articles
via Morgan Housel
“This may sound harsh, but I hope you’re poor at some point. Not struggling, and not unhappy, of course. But there’s no way to learn the value of money without feeling the power of its scarcity.”
via Ryan Holiday
“Freedom is the most important thing. We’re born with it, and yet many of us wake up one day surprised at the chains we wear. The reason? Because we said yes too many times and never learned how to say no.”
via Brain Pickings
“There are more things … likely to frighten us than there are to crush us; we suffer more often in imagination than in reality.”
“Fancy houses, fancy cars, and fancy trips are interesting. But ultimately, the things we look back on with contentment and joy are the bonds we’ve made with friends, family, those we’ve helped, and those who’ve helped us.”
via Guy On Fire
“My success is a result of hard work, being frugal, avoiding lifestyle inflation and a bit of luck (thank you bull market).”
My Favorite Podcast
In this podcast episode, Ryan and Joshua of the Minimalists answer the following questions:
- What tips and tricks do you have regarding daily task planning and organizing?
- How do I dial back my proclivity to be a workaholic and learn to enjoy life again?
- How do I inspire myself to hold true to my minimalist ways year after year?
- How do I take a leap of faith into a new creative endeavor when the direction and viability of the pursuit are not clear?
This episode is packed with one hour and twenty minutes of actionable insight. Download and listen to it at the gym, on your commute, or during your lunch breaks this week.
That’s all for this week, thanks for reading 🙂
Sign up to have my most recent articles sent straight to your email inbox for free ?
[jetpack_subscription_form subscribe_text = “” title=””]
- The Ad Revenue Grid - August 6, 2021
- Attract Money by Creating Value for a Specific Audience - July 13, 2021
- The 5-Hour Workday - March 26, 2021
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.