3 min read
Here is a list of things I’ve learned from him over the years.
Real Wealth is Having the Ability to Say “No”
- Real wealth = saying no to meetings.
- Real wealth = saying no to people you don’t want to be around.
- Real wealth = saying no to events you don’t want to attend.
- Real wealth = saying no to work you don’t want to do.
Know the 4 Types of Wealth
- 1. Financial wealth (money)
- 2. Social wealth (status)
- 3. Time wealth (freedom)
- 4. Physical wealth (health)
- Be wary of jobs that lure you in with 1 and 2 but rob you of 3 and 4.
Repetition Leads to Greatness
- Your first blog post will be awful. Your 1,000th will be great.
- Your first workout will be pathetic. Your 1,000th will be great.
- Your first meditation will be bad. Your 1,000th will be great.
4 Ingredients for Exceptional Results
- Quantity: You take lots of shots.
- Quality: You take thoughtful shots.
- Consistency: You keep shooting for a long time.
- Luck: You get a few favorable bounces.
3 Things that Often Resolve Stress & Anxiety
- A 10-minute walk outside.
- A glass of water.
- A good night of sleep.
How to Be Unhappy
- Stay inside all day.
- Move as little as possible.
- Take yourself too seriously.
- Spend more than you earn.
- Always consume, never contribute.
- Resent successful people.
- Never say hello first.
How to Be a Better Writer
- Make one point per sentence.
- Delete unnecessary intros.
- Use stories.
- Cut words like “very” and “really”
- Read the whole thing out loud.
How to Double Your Productivity
- Step 1: Stop reading articles on how to double your productivity.
- Step 2: Start sleeping 8 hours per night.
Learn to 80/20 Your Life
- 1. Make a list of the 10 things you spend the most time on.
- 2. Circle the two that truly drive your results. Do more of these.
- 3. Eliminate, automate, or outsource the other things.
- 4. Repeat.
Discipline Brings Freedom
- The disciplined become the free.
- Discipline with training leads to freedom from physical problems.
- Discipline with saving and investing leads to freedom from money problems.
The Best Networking Strategy
- Do interesting work.
- Share your work in public.
- Like-minded people will find you.
- Be able to walk away.
- Be irreplaceable.
- Have a second option.
Reading Makes You Smarter
- Reading is food for the mind.
- Reading teaches you what others already know.
- Reading gives you a new way to interpret your past experiences
- Re-read great books because you need to be reminded of the ideas in them.
- Long-term thinking is a superpower.
- Not taking things personally is a superpower.
Say “No” Way More
- Unfollow people.
- Abandon projects.
- Ignore topics.
- Cut your number of commitments in half.
- Discover what you want by eliminating what you don’t.
Optimize Your Process
- Recognize that the process goes on forever.
- Identify parts of the process you enjoy.
- Adopt processes that increase your winning percentage.
- If your outcomes aren’t improving, the process needs to change.
Join the Right Tribe
- Join a group where your desired behavior is the normal behavior.
- Surround yourself with people who have similar goals as you.
- Keep working when things take longer than you expect.
- Small daily habits lead to massive outcome gaps over time.
- Aim to be great in 10 years, not 10 months.
- Start small.
- Start early.
- Taking action is more important than finding the perfect strategy.
- The path to the summit is not fully visible from the base camp.
- Attract Money by Creating Value for a Specific Audience - July 13, 2021
- The 5-Hour Workday - March 26, 2021
- The Math That Explains How to Get Rich with Websites - January 31, 2021
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.